DJ and Producer Thomas Herb has been a mainstay of Munich‘s vibrant electronic music scene for quite a while. Starting in 1996, he soon became a resident DJ in his hometown at the seminal Friday night event ‘Flokati’ held in legendary clubs Ultraschall and Harry Klein. Besides his DJ activities, Thomas Herb is busy curating for and contributing to Lossless; the record label he’s running with longtime friend Mathias Schober. They also team together for productions, remixes and back to back DJ sets under their SBTH moniker. We are happy Thomas Herb and his recommendations are part of our Munich T[rave]l Guide.
In this interview we are talking about:
- A little time-travel through Munich’s scene from 1996 – today
- His journey as a DJ in the scene
- What Munich means to him
- Lossless and their specific sound
- The DJ project SBTH which he’s running together with Mathias Schober
- Which projects are currently in the pipeline