Interview w/ Benjamin Fröhlich (Permanent Vacation) about Munich
Munich based artist Benjamin Fröhlich will release his first debut album ‘Amiata’ on his label ‚Permanent Vacation‘ in May. He’s running the imprint together with his partner Tom Bioly since 2007. Benjamin Fröhlich has always been an active part in the electronic music scene of his hometown in Bavaria. At the age of 22 he opened his first record store, the label and great releases followed. Find out about his Munich hot-spots as well as new projects.
This article is available as podcast on Spotify and iTunes.
In this interview we are talking about:
- His recent release ‚Saturnia‘ on his debut album ‚Amiata‘ which will follow on May 10th
- If he felt some kind of pressure after releasing great stuff of other artists on his label
- If his work with the label and as artist feel like a Permanent Vacation
- How it felt playing at MMA one week before it got closed
- To which Munich artists he always looked up to
- The Electronic Music scene in Munich
- His favourite spots in his hometown and some personal tips
- Benjamin’s favourite festivals
- Upcoming highlights as artist and for the label