There’s no getting around his name in Munich. Moritz Butschek is currently the resident DJ at Bahnwärter Thiel and Wannda Circus. Two unique institutions that he also supports in booking other acts. In addition, Moritz Butschek founded the former online magazine Two In A Row, which today stands for successful parties that he hosts with selected DJ colleagues in changing locations. In 2020, he founded his own fashion label hey hey Studios. Here, exceptional designs by renowned designers meet fair fashion. We are happy Moritz Butschek and his recommendations are part of our Munich T[rave]l Guide.
In this interview we are talking about:
- How his CV in a job interview would sound like.
- What the city means to him.
- Some of his favourite spots he also recommended in the guide.
- His booking approach at Bahnwärter Thiel and Wannda Circus, two formats that stand out and do things differently in Munich.
- Which development & diversification in the scene he could monitor before the pandemic.
- His media work and event organisation.
- His fair fashion label hey hey Studios & the collaborations with designers.
Cover picture by Jamie Sun